Job Hunting


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Scone
November 14th 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We travelled around New South Wales for a week or so, going to big towns etc. Not a lot to see – a giant golden guitar which is linked to some music award and went to a country music singers wax works. We camped and slept through some quite strong winds where the tent was bending in on us at night and literally collapsing! Quite nice to have a week off, chill by the pool, read books etc.
We arrived at a place called Scone and as we pulled into the town, there was a “POP” noise and smoke started coming out of the car bonnet. It was 3:30pm on a Friday afternoon and with time not on our sides we started to panic and ran around town looking for a mechanic who could help. We called the break down people but they couldn’t get to us for an hour – by which time the garages would close. We found a guy who could look at it and then do work on it the following week if necessary. We quickly decided to book some accommodation for at least the weekend and the place that we booked into offered us a deal if we stayed 7 nights. So we booked in & took the car for the diagnosis....... Which was simply a burst air conditioning pipe!
No need for all the drama – the car was totally drivable. But now we’d already booked in for a week. So we ended up staying anyway, and picked up a few days garlic picking to keep us busy.
Garlic picking was pretty back-breaking work. Bending down all day to pull the garlic up. It was also very smelly!! But it gave us a few hundred dollars so all was good.
The rain came again and there was water all over the roads etc and the garlic picking got cancelled because the fields were so wet. So this indicated that it was time to leave again!



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.171s; Tpl: 0.045s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0766s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb