'Des and Janelle's Nature Tour'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Sawtell
March 11th 2006
Published: March 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After a late night out and still catching up on some sleep we weren't up as early as we would have liked but as they have been each day Janelle and Des were just a quick phone call away where another day of activities awaited us. A quick trip north and we parked up at a creek where Janelle presented another fantastic spread of salads, freshly cooked chicken, ham and fresh rolls for a lovely picnic by the water. Hopping back in the van we headed further north along the highway when out of no-where in the fields to our left Kangaroos were nibbling the grass and sitting under trees in shaded spots... Our first wild Australian Kangaroos, what strange creatures they are, but incredibly fascinating. Des pulled into a small housing estate where humans and Kangaroos live in harmony so we were able to take some photo's and get some footage. It was then back in the van and onto Park beach one of the northern beaches just out of Coff's. There we were able to do some more bodyboarding and enhance the painful rash on my chest from catching the waves. Again we took full advantage of this wonderful free activity and surfed for a good hour and a half. Caught some awesome waves and had a great time. On the way back to the cabin continuing their unbelieveable genorosity Des and Janelle offered to take us to the cinema to see 'Firewall', Harrison Ford's new one. We had a quick shower and they picked us up and we all went to the cinema together, after which Janelle cooked us all toasted sandwiches, it's so good to have a 'Mum' figure in our lives again!
Back to the cabin for some more much needed sleep after another action packed day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0714s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb