15 September 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Richmond
September 15th 2012
Published: September 18th 2012
Edit Blog Post

The camping ground where we holed up for the night overlooks acres of open farmland so we decided to take a morning walk out of the town. 88 acres of land was donated to the town in the 80s and Richmond now has individual sporting grounds set across from the green fields where the cattle and sheep graze. We've made it into cricket season and there were junior games and training underway and it felt good to be amongst the early morning activity.

In the afternoon we headed to Springwood which had a terrific old town feel and the main street was busy as people went about their weekend shopping and enjoying lunch or a coffee out and about. Before long it was time for us to go and meet the owners of the house sit at the foot of the Blue Mountains. It is always a bit nerve racking for both parties at the first face to face meet, especially for the owners of the homes who are putting a lot of trust in you to look after their property and beloved pets.

This couple were about our age and after a while we were all chatting away and everyone was feeling good about the situation. They only have one cat for us to look after but he was MIA; these perceptive creatures know when they are about to get ditched by their owners so he was not having a bar of the meet and greet. Just as we were leaving he decided to show his face and he is a nice little fluff ball so it looks the goods. The area itself is quite pleasing to the eye with trees surrounding the local homes and plenty of walking tracks to explore.

We then made our way back to the camping grounds and decided cooking tea was not on our list of priorities for the evening so we made our way around to a local pizza cafe that dished up a delicious pizza.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0968s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb