Travelling to port Macquarie via booti booti national park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
February 6th 2016
Published: February 20th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Port Macquarie was the next stop in our camper van but decided to go via the national park and see some pretty beaches and lakes!stopped off at Elizabeth beach near booti booti for lunch!was such a nice view from our camper van and the weather had got better so got a nice walk along the beach! Arrived in port Macquarie in the middle of the afternoon and found a nice campsite to stay in called melaleuca caravan park (really clean facilities and had proper bbq to use)
We decided to go into port Macquarie to have a look around and go for a walk but unfortunately it started to rain heavily when we were walking along the coast-water proofs on again but at least it's warm!
We booked onto a sun set cruise of the harbour for £5 each with cruise adventures-it was hilarious-basically just a cruise to see all the fancy houses along the harbour but the captain played 80's music the whole time so we had a good laugh listening to that!
We returned back to the campsite to have some burgers on the BBQ and met a nice older couple from Sydney who seemed to have camped their way across Australia-they give us some good tips on places to see and things to do!ready for a good nights sleep!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb