Trip to Queensland October 2008


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
September 28th 2008
Published: October 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we departed on a trip to Queensland to visit our son Michael. We drove for a few hours arriving at my sister, Rosies at about 11am. Rosie lives near Taree at a town called Old Bar. She and Rick have made some lovely changes to their home and garden. At about 2pm we headed north to Kempsey, our first stopover on our journey to Queensland. The Kempsey Tourist Village is situated on the Pacific Highway so it was a very convenient place to pull in for the night. We arrived at around 4pm. While we were there the fire brigade was called as one of the on-site vans was on fire. It turned out that the 24yr old occupant had lit the fire in the van and gone over to the amenities block to watch the van burn. He was later arrested by the local police.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Family photoFamily photo
Family photo

Steve, I and Rosie Shelly and Meg
Our van site at KempseyOur van site at Kempsey
Our van site at Kempsey

Meg was very pleased that we had an ensuite site tonight and Steve was pleased that we were able to get a drive through site as we didn't have to unhitch the van.
AviaryAviary
Aviary

The van park is on numerous acres and has a big bird aviary and there are hens and chickens roaming around.


13th October 2008

Great to see..
you all enjoying your break. The van looks lovely too.

Tot: 0.19s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 65; dbt: 0.1169s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb