On The Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Port Macquarie
October 4th 2007
Published: October 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The days and nights are difficult, sleeping is near impossible......not really, we are having an amazing time.

The first few days were spent in Sydney where we went to the aquarium and dined some expensive but wonderful cuisine (Craig managed to find a place on Manly Beach that sold Castle beer and Boerwors... he was a happy camper!).

We left Sydney on Monday 1st October and headed for the Blue Mountains, after navigating the Pacific Highway to discover that it is a toll road that does not accept cards.....and we had 30cents - hmmmmm, Luckily Craig and his baby blues charmed us through it!

We stayed one night in Katoomba, the scenery was stunning (check the pics!) Then we headed for the Jenolan Caves, down the most bendy road imaginable (or so we thought!) The caves were awesome except for when the lights went out and the doors banged closed, someone almost mastered their claustrophobia until that point (you can see the fear through the fake smile)

We set off originally heading for Port Macquarie, until we discovered that although the route we had choosen was very beautiful, the roads were EVEN more bendy than the road to the cave....and here began our first real adventure - finding a gas station in the middle of nowhere, and then having to stay in an actual Hick town by the name of Singleton....we were white trash for a night with a dog suspiciously named Bundy.....

We survived the night and continued to the coast and Port Macquqrie, where we have spent a wonderful chilled out day wandering about town and on the beach...9.0 on our scale!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Craig & Gemma discover....Craig & Gemma discover....
Craig & Gemma discover....

the Worlds most stupid tourist attraction, also known as the Worlds Largest Sundial, Hicksville, Australia
Entering the Pit Of HellEntering the Pit Of Hell
Entering the Pit Of Hell

Also known as the entrance to the Orient Tour of the Jenolan Caves


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 12; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0265s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb