Lazy Day at Merimbula


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Merimbula
March 3rd 2014
Published: March 24th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our lazy day was lovely. The weather was warm and sunny so we sat outside for a while and then took a slow stroll around the large holiday park grounds. Along one side is a creek with trees lining its banks, full of Bell Miners and Little Wattlebirds. At the end, we saw five kangaroos resting in the shade of some trees. They stood up tall when they saw us coming and kept watching us. We gave them a wide berth and they settled back down, unlike the heron that flew a bit further away. Just past them was a path that led to the Merimbula Lake shore, where there were small mangrove trees at the edge and we could see oyster beds in the water.

We sat in the shade and had the delicious date scones that I had bought from the Candelo Market for 50 cents each, warmed in the microwave and dripping in butter and full of dates. Yum!

We then headed into Pambula to get some groceries and to buy the oysters. They were advertised on a sign at the front as $5.50 a dozen. Inside, you discover that is for small unopened ones and I was told you need a special knife to open them. They sell them opened for $11 or the bigger size for $15. I tried to get ½ a dozen, opened, for $5.50 but they only sell opened ones pre-packed in dozen or two dozens. Barry isn’t fussed about them and only wants a couple and I can’t justify spending so much on what is essentially a starter, so I reluctantly gave it a miss. I hope I can find somewhere further along the coast which will sell me ½ dozen at a reasonable price.



Tomorrow, after a lot of persuasion to convince Barry that the “Sculptures on the Edge” exhibition will be worth making a detour to see, we will go to Bermagui.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb