Day 10


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Merimbula
February 16th 2011
Published: February 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Another morning spent wandering Bega, while the van brakes and rear view camera were checked out.
We managed to leave Bega at around 1:30pm with things going ok, with a new wheel bearing in the left hand rear wheel of the van.
The trip to Merimbula was not long, but the brakes began playing up after a few kms, very annoying!, good to have the rear view camera working though.
It was raining as we set up in Merimbula, but our practice in this task has paid off, and we certainly have it down to little wasted time, even the reversing into the site must be impressive with the use of the hand held radio by Karon and Rick following the instructions we have yet to have any disputes in the process.
Our observations of the antics of other teams certainly has led us to beleive the little investment in the radio communication system takes away a lot of the stress and no tired arms from waving or pointing.
It is a feature of the trip, as to the "people watching as the newcomers reverse into their site." we are sure that our relaxed and calm approach with the radios, makes our reverse site completion quite a bore to all the onlookers.
We headed into the town centre to get our bearings for an attack at the sights tomorrow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0571s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb