Day 3 Long Plain Hut


Advertisement
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

This morning we stopped in Gundagai for a spot of breakfast before heading through Tumut and onto the Snowy Mountain Highway going towards Talbingo.

The Tumut Power Station there was breath taking, nothing either of us have seen before, we love it and took heaps of pictures.

We then moved onto to Three Mile Dam but as we arrived it didnt take our fancy and was way too crowded. So out came the map and had a look and decided to go back closer to where we want to be for tomorrows adventure. Yarrangobilly Caves. Our travels brought us to a couple more camp sites not far from the caves. It was a toss of the coin right Ghost Gully, left was Long Plain Hut, Willo picked left so Long Plain Hut it was.

Upon arrival there was only one other family in the area, Craig Renee and their children.

We set up camp with a remarkable backdrop of mountians that just kept going. After collecting wood and some unlawful chopping we had enough to have our first camp fire.

Paul excelled himself creating and getting the coals ready for the test run of the bedourie oven. Our creation of mushroom, spuds,onions, mixed herbs, lots of red wine, tomatoes, and garlic and yes of course scotch fillet, it tingles the taste buds.

While our meal was cooking we went and visited a horse couple and got chatting and they where friendly and and gave us many ideas on where to visit.

Our camp site did supply us with a tin shed dunny for number 2's, so the loo paper was always at thye ready . I have learnt a new art of squatting even though I fell a few times.

I kept looking for the toilet button that just wasnt there. After doing the dishes and cleanig up we sat around the fire with jumpers on and enjoyed our " Bush Telly "

It was a great night to cuddle and nod off and get away from the big march flies.


Additional photos below
Photos: 48, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb