Killalea State Park


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kiama
November 4th 2010
Published: November 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

2-3 November 2010
We spent a couple of nights in Kiama which is the first place we actually set up camp. It also happened to be the first time that we had actually stayed in the tent overnight - crazy, I know!
We were one of only three groups in the campground for the first night and then by ourselves for the second night. It was great to stay somewhere where we had stayed before as the familiarity was a bit of a security blanket for us. It rained on and off the whole time which was a bit of a bummer but at least we discovered the tent doesn't leak! Yay for us!
Surprisingly Oscar only rolled out of his bed once which was a nice surprise and the following night he stayed put the whole night - relief!!
The second night (when we were there by ourselves) the ranger came to visit late afternoon and told us stories of some strange animal sighting recently at Killalea. We mentioned that we'd seen a dingo earlier that year and reported it (which he'd heard about). One of the sightings he mentioned was some kind of beast that was the size of a shetland pony but with a wolf's head. An hour later Alex had to do a mercy dash to the shops so I was left with the 2 boys early evening with no one around for miles. Needless to say I was quietly freaking out!



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



29th November 2010

Wow!! The tent looks more like a large house!! Awesome! looks like a great start to the adventure guys... Cant wait to read all these blogs! Keep them coming please so we can all keep dreaming!

Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb