home to Kiama


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Kiama
January 23rd 2008
Published: January 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi to you all for the last entry of this travelblog. After a hideous overnight journey from Brunei to Sydney (I am never flying overnight again unless I move out of economy seating!!!) we arrived home to a very welcoming dog and kids racing to see who could ring their friends first. Dylan, Caitlin and Jack have now cramed an entire summer holidays worth of Kiama friends into the past 4 days. We are all pleased to be home in our paradise here in Kiama, but very sad that our trip is over. Some final reflections and a few more photos for you.
Highlights: the trekking tour in Laos (with kayaking, cycling, elephants, village stay), hiring bikes and cycling around Hoi An and the surrounding countryside, discovering little alleys and streets in the towns and cities, fantastic temples of angkor, speding time with each other, getting an entirely new wardrobe of clothes for Frank. Low-lights would have to be the overnight flight, not buying enough things now that I can reflect on items, grocery shopping when we got home! We loved it all and have no regrets except all the things we missed due to time (I wish I had gotten that manicure!)
I feel that I have disadvantaged the kids by not making them all go to more museums, temples and ruins,and when we did go I am sure they missed the significance of it all: We went to the ancient capital of Vietnam, Hue, and went to see the old palace etc-the kids spent almost the entire time splashing some othe kids in a a huge urn filled with water-now where is the education in that!!! In Angkor they wanted to climb the monuments not understand the finely detailed carvings of the ancient khmer and listen to the fascinating articles about it all.
anyway check out the photos (I have given them some weird titles as I couldnt really see what I was attaching)and give us a ring Love leanne, Frank, Dylan Caitlin and Jack


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb