The Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
February 11th 2006
Published: February 15th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Whats that you say Skippy...Whats that you say Skippy...Whats that you say Skippy...

...There's a boy stuck down the old well!

Days 90 & 91



Another early start, we walked up to our pick up and clambered aboard the bus at 7.20. The Blue Mountains are about an hr and a half from Sydney and our first stop was to see some Kangaroos. We took some piccies and then jumped back on the bus and were driven to another part to do an eco walk. The walk lasted 3 hours through rainforest and we saw some lizards but luckily no snakes!! The views were really nice - they are called the blue mountains because of the blue mist the euycaliptus trees give off. We had lunch and then headed for Grouse Valley where we walked down the Furber staris into Jamison Valley to view the 3 sisters rock formation, which was pretty unimpressive given all the hype about it. We then jumped aboard a train thing on the steepest railway in the world back up to the top. It was good fun!! We were dropped off at our hostel, which was really nice and had a wholesome evening playing monopoly and cards!!

The next day we had a look around town, but not much was going on. Inspired by our monopoly game last night we bought travel monopoly (geeks!) so we retreated back to the hostel where we played monopoly in the windy garden! We were picked up at 5 and taken back to Sydney. We then caught the ferry to Manly, a beach off of Sydney and had a horrible long walk with our 20kg backpacks to the hostel.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The 3 SistersThe 3 Sisters
The 3 Sisters

Beautiful? Aren't they just!!
The 2 TouristsThe 2 Tourists
The 2 Tourists

Now there's Beauty. Especially Stuart's barnet!!


10th March 2006

Hair
Nice Barnet Stu!

Tot: 0.138s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0839s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb