The blue mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Katoomba
May 28th 2007
Published: May 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today it's goodbye Sydney and off to check out the Blue Mountains. After one last look at QVB (didnt buy anything but had to go and check it out) we picked up our hire car. Its a nice surprise to find out we got upgraded to a Ford Territory. Gotta love that.
So easy to find the Highway and just drive straight on for 1h 1/2.
It will be lovely to get some fresh air.

We drop off our bags at the motel and head to Scenic World since it is a clear beautiful day and we might as well make the most of it. Here is a blurb of what we did:

"Ride the steepest incline Railway in the world down to a lush and hidden valley. Stroll along the Walkway through towering Jurassic rainforest, and refresh both your spirit and soul! Quietly glide out of the valley aboard the Cableway, taking in the breathtaking panorama of the stunning World Heritage Listed Blue Mountains National Park. At Scenic World Blue Mountains enjoy 360° views, taking in the famous Three Sisters, the magnificent Katoomba Falls, Mt Solitary and the near endless vista of the Jamison Valley."

Apart from the fact that we took a wrong turn(it was hidden by scaffolding work) and were going down steps the wrong way before we realised we'd better hurry back up for the last train. I must say it was a refreshing walk though. Amelie spotted a few parots(look mama, there's Jack )

We didnt have time(and I was way too chicken) to ride on Skyway,the Float on air thing with its world first Electro-Sceni Glass Floor. Woah that looked really freaky!!!

Took a scenic drive around Katoomba before stopping at a playground to burn off our active child's energy and had chinese takeaway for dinner.

Be back soon to update







Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb