Spring in the Hunter Valley..


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Hunter Valley
January 13th 2010
Published: January 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

It is almost as if winter does not exist in the Hunter Valley, especially not to an English girl. It was a 'blink and you'll miss it season', i don't even own any winter clothes. I do apologise as i realise the timing of this blog isn't impeccable and whilst you are all ploughing your way to work in blighty, i'm hiding from 40+ degrees under an air-conditioner that's making me sneeze...if only we could meet half way! Anyway, i shall fast forward to Spring..

It's a beautiful time in the Valley when the vines start to bud, they grow at an alarming rate so it was quickly turning the stunning views from brown to green. It started to get a bit busier as more tourists came to visit the wineries and in the busy lead up to Christmas we were soon selling out of our best wines.

I did manage to sneak in a couple of days off in this busy time as i wanted to go up the coast to Nelson's Bay and take a Whale Watching trip. The Humpback Whales were migrating back down South to cooler waters with their new calves at this time of year and we were so lucky as we saw about 6 huge whales all breaching right out of the water, some very close to the boat. On our way back to the bay we were joined by a dozen dolphins all playing in the wake of the boat.

In the weeks leading up to our trip to Thailand i was mostly busy with work either at the Cellar Door or at Henri's Brasserie. When we finally left for Sydney airport very early on the morning of the 5th December we started to get very excited about what was in store for us as we got our first taste of the Far East.

Lots of Love from the Hunter Valley

Danielle xx


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



13th January 2010

Spring - whats that?
As everything grinds to a halt due to the snow, I imagine everything grinds to a halt due to the heat. Which is best? At least I'm getting some spring cleaning under way, like cupboard cleaning . No golf, no Scrabble, no shopping, luncheon dates cancelled, but at least the freezer is full, so I won't starve. Enjoy the sun whilst you can Dani Lots of love Nan

Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb