Day one 2/1/2013


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Gundagai
January 7th 2013
Published: January 7th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well we where up nice and early, drained the Eski's. Had a nice freshing shower and worked out where we wanted to end up for the night.

We left Moama about 9.30am and headed over to the boys at the 4x4 shop for a quick adjustment on the power pack. Picked up the best rolls and pies this side of the boarder before hitting the road.

Our first stop was at my old stomping ground growing up, Nathalia. Took some sentimental pictures and decided to hit the Ettamogha Pub for lunch.

We found our way through to Wodonga to stop for supplies, the important ones Beer and ice.

We where getting rather hungry, but sort of made a detour and ended up by-passing Albury and getting straight onto the Hume highway. Oh well no pub and we had more K's to travel and decided to head on up to Gundagai instead.

On our travels we had a quick stop in Rutherglen which was a beautiful place fuel and gas bottle done with our NSW licences in hand we hit the road again.

Next stop on the road was Tarcutta the trucki'se exchange over. Not much to say about this one Pauls's words wehere "Its a shit hole "

The day was getting on and finally pulled into the Gundagai information centre about 4pm and where hanging to get of the road. The ladies where wonderful and so helpfull and pointed out some caravan parks in the area, it was pot luck on what we could find.

On the outer of Gundagai was a quaint caravan park close to the river and at $28.00 a night we where more than happy to stay. The owner where friendly and we got to pick our own powered site. Of course my willo found the perfect spot facing the rivers edge.

The Murrrumbidgee River was running fast as the dams had been opened, so no swimming.

As we decided that we will stay 2 nights the annex roof went up as well. I wanted Paul to be able to enjoy our time and our holiday not be hard work but fun.

We met a older fella named Wally and wouldn't you know it, he was from Altona and worked next door to us. Its funny how we can be so far from home and yet still run into our locals.

A Mum and young girls pulled in late next to us. They where totally smitten with Paul not that he didnt enjoy it lol.

So we played a few games with the girls before and after our Lamb rolls which just melted in our mouths.


Additional photos below
Photos: 84, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0367s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb