Grafton Showgrounds


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Grafton
February 23rd 2012
Published: February 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Originally we planned to spend one night in Grafton, but it was a nice place and we decided to stay an extra night. We stayed at the showgrounds.. right in the middle of town, $20 a night and we had power and water. The showgrounds also doubles as the speedway, which is on this Saturday, Ryan seems disappointed that we won't be around for it.

The wet weather from Ballina seemed to follow us and it resulted in a nice river of water running through our site... which of course means we bought the dogs into the caravan and spent the late afternoon until Noah went to bed trying to stop him from jumping, climbing and generally harrassing the dogs. Both nights in Grafton they slept in with us, as the ground was soggy and the mozzies were so numerous they may have been sucked dry by morning.

We have also discovered that come dusk the small flying bugs can and will fit through the flyscreen on the windows and fall in love with the lights in the caravan. Thankfully we can close the windows, turn on the aircon and keep them outside where they belong.

Each morning we have been woken up by the birds that nest in the trees around the showground. It's not as annoying as being woken by an alarm, but it's a bit of a pain we can't set them to the time we want.

Ryan has had success finding the bits he needed to finish installing the second battery in the caravan, so we now have a bit more stored power, though the battery that came with the caravan seems to be crap... it will do for now.

We didn't get out and sight see as the weather was unpredictable, but no bother.

Moving day today and I'm quite excited about our next stop. Small town, nothing there... should be nice and relaxing.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0876s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb