John and Cathy had a farm ee-i-ee-o


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Glen Innes
February 9th 2011
Published: February 10th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Good' Day mates,
After a night in a hot room with 3 Danish boys Kevin and I started our day with a nice walk in Byron Bay. The weather was not as bad as yesterday, yet it was very cloudy...But within minutes we saw the sun making it's way through the clouds. Was this going to be a sunny day... yes it was !!!! We had breakfast with the Pacific Ocean behind us and the first surfers arriving...
By the time we finished breakfast there were less clouds and lots of sun. So we made a nice walk on the beach. Byron Bay has a really beautiful beach. See the pictures on Facebook. Before heading to our next station we drove up to the most Eastern Point of Australia in Byron Bay for a photo shoot and off we were again. Destination : Glen Innes. We left the coast side and drove back in the innerland of New South Wales. After a lunch break in the cute city of Lismore we headed to Glen Innes. The scenery along the road was beautiful.So much green and so many nice mountains. Stunning... Another amazing thing during the trip to Glen Innes were the rapid weather changes. One moment full sun, a few minutes later scary dark clouds and even some showers of rain...
We decided to make another stop for a coffee break in the city of Tenterfield. Tenterfield is the city where Peter Allen came from. He was an Australian songwriter and entertainer. His songs were made popular by many recording artists, including Olivia Newton-John. He was also married for a short time to Liza Minnelli.
Now after Tenterfield we had another 65 kms to go to Glen Innes. Kevin had arranged we were going to stay the night here in a special location...and oh my....Kevin booked us a night in "Sharon Park", a farm !!! Really a farm in the middle of nowhere so to speak. Up on driving the way through the park, we had to mind the horses and the chickens. :-)
And up on parking the car we were welcomed by 2 cute black labradors. Amazing...The farm was owned by Cathy and John. We were welcomed and shown our room. Our pink room :-)
This evening Cathy is going to cook us a four course dinner. The dinner table in their living room is already set. I can't wait for the meal and for the great stories that for sure are going to be told.
As there is no Wifi on the farm ( lol) this update is going to be posted on Feb 10th...
xxx
Joeri

Advertisement



Tot: 0.351s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.2878s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb