Women & children weekend in Forster


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Forster
November 27th 2009
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: -32.1796, 152.512

27-29Nov 09
My sisters husband is away on business in Ireland & my husband is working all weekend, so my sister in invited me to join her & her 4 kids at her in-laws place in Forster. Even though its not officially summer until Wednesday it's very warm now and Forster is a beach town up the coast. Yay.

Had a bad start to the weekend as I took wrong train to hers after work and added an hour onto the journey for myself - am 5.5mths pregnant so maybe its baby brain. No matter we hit off at 8pm with a car full of gear, supplies & kids! Got there around 11pm having had a pit stop in a servo after Newcastle to keep spirits up - Christmas beetles were everywhere though. All of us crashed out pretty quickly when we arrived although the poor 1 yr was a bit disturbed by moving from car to bed.

Me and the 3yr old were up at the crack of dawn, we were sharing a room - God there's some shite on TV in the mornings - and soon we were joined by the 1yr old. By 9:15 we had the other 2 bigger kids (6 & 8) and the mum all on the beach in a cafe for breakfast, very nice it was too.
Then we spent the morning doing beach things with sand, with water, you know... By 12pm myself an the 1yr old were back in bed for 2hr siestas and then around 3pm we all went to the lovely '1 mile beach' where the girls were sand sledding. The baby did not like the crash of the waves noise and seemed very worried he'd lose us when we were wave jumping & held on for dear life to his Mum. We had dinner in - my sis got us sea-side chips yum - and watched some Xmas movies, the 8yr old woke me at midnight to say she was not allowed watch what was coming on now!

Last day had breakfast in town at 9am and look around the great shops, love beach town shops, then back to the beach for swims & plays and hit the road at 3:30pm. My in-utero baby responded well to reggae we had playing in the car. Had a sustenance stop at 5:30pm in 'Heathers Pies' where the 1yr old made a break for an ran into the kitchen, I caught up with him pretty quickly but God he is fast!

Got the bus from their house (20km away) and was home by 8pm - a nice little 48 hrs en famille.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb