Team Extreme


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Cronulla
December 29th 2006
Published: January 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We have recently started calling ourselves Team Extreme due to the activities we have been doing and yesterday we striked again and went surfing. Not that extreme i know but out of the ordinary to what we would usually be doing on a thursday afternoon if we were in England. I quite fancied myself as a surfer chick so i could hang around Bondi looking cool, so booked me and Gaz on a 1 day surf lesson.

The instructors picked us up early in the morning and we headed out to a quiet beach where there were few people to watch us fall all day. The guys said the conditions were perfect and we would be standing up in no time so out we went with our surfboards, wetsuits and enthusiasm to try and catch some waves and stand up. We stopped for lunch a couple of hours later by which time i had mastered the art of falling off my board perfectly and completely worn myself out from all the bloody paddling u have to do. We had an hour for lunch and i had a a little kip as i was so tired from the morning. The bigger the surfboard the easier it is to stand up apparently and after a couple more hours of relentless trying on the massive board that afternoon i finally stood up and surfed into shore. Extremely excited i cheered and then fell straight off. I managed to stand up a few more times after that and will hopefully have another lesson soon where i will hopefully improve some more. Gaz was finding it hard and i was wondering why he hadn't been able to stand up surfing all afternoon, until we got out and i saw the remains of a 6 pack on the floor that he had drunk while i was sleeping at lunch. Really enjoyed the surfing and its even a form of exercise, i have muscles that ache which i didn't even know i had.

We headed down to Darling Harbour today to visit the worlds largest Aquarium but as with everything in Sydney at the moment there was a massive que so decided not to go. It is really busy now in the city as we are so close to New Year so we did a marathon walk to the Harbour bridge and walked across it before
Me and my surfboardMe and my surfboardMe and my surfboard

The bigger the surfboard the easier it is. I just managed to stand up.
stopping for a drink and heading back. It was a long walk and we are both now so so tired so gonna stay in tonight get a box of goon and play some cards at the hostel. Should be good!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Team ExtremeTeam Extreme
Team Extreme

Very proud of ourselves


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb