Intermission


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Cootamundra
March 10th 2014
Published: March 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Gone are the flies - come has the rain.

Here we are in the Snowies and for the first time in I don't know how long, it's actually raining and I am cold and wet.

A few days ago we would have loved to feel this way but.......give me heat any day !!!!



We are on our way to Eden to do a stint for Stuart with the Chillies down in Victoria for the famous chilli festival held annually outside Melbourne.

So plans changed which is the way travelling should be.

However we crossed the Nullabor in style after having a couple of last glorious swims in the blue blue ocean of WA in Fitzgerald NP and Esperance which are two of my many favourite spots. There are plants growing there unbeknown to me.



S.A. has even bigger sharks than W.A. and the tides go out miles with no wave in sight nor a tree on the land. We travelled inland to Coober Pedy cause Goff had never been there and it's such a great weird, eerie and brilliant place. Stayed underground and slept like wombats.

Broken Hill, which is filled with colorful art and quirky little surprises, was our next stop and more and more I have to say that inland towns just have something about them.



And even though it feels a bit like going home, I realise that we have made our home in many different places around Australia. In the end it's the people, old friends, new friends which make places feel like home, wherever you are.



And let's face it, this ain't it. There's still a lot to be seen and places we feel we know, will have to be explored with new eyes.


Additional photos below
Photos: 61, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb