Coffs Harbour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
December 22nd 2010
Published: December 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


I’m going to cut to the chase with Coffs Harbour. Coffs is a pleasant place however if we missed it out of our itinerary we wouldn’t have missed a huge amount. We stayed close to the beach side and it was a fabulous walk from our accommodation to the beach.

Coffs isn’t the social hub or hype of activity. You can do a lot of the activities you find along the whole East Coast and take a nice leisurely walk around. A one night and two day stop over fitted in for us perfectly.

The great thing at Coffs for us was the weather. We had magnificent blue skies and blistering sun. We chilled on the beach and took the opportunity of a splendid day and a quiet beach to have a nutty photo session. Think the self timer option is fantastic and the makeshift tripod made out of a beach towel, a sandal and a rack-sack!

One of the things to do in Coffs Harbour is visiting the Big Banana. A short bus ride out from where we stayed is everything banana related; a huge banana at the entrance, a banana plantation, a banana skywalk and not forgetting the café with everything banana. Next door is the pièce de résistance – the sweet making factory. The guys there put on a demonstration of how they make sweets. When you were a kid you remember you bought rock with shapes in the middle? Well these guys showed you how they make it. Now we know and you don’t!! lol Tasted fantastic as well.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb