Freezing in Armidale


Advertisement
Published: May 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Left Belltrees a few days ago, wish we could've stayed longer but me and Siov aren't much use on a farm so couldn't really be of any use to them! We drove north and stayed inland to avoid the floods. Went through a few very country towns which were very uninspiring. We were starting to dispare that the trip was going to be cold and boring!

The first town on our route was Tamworth, which is famous for country music, but very uninspiring! After a days drive we got to Armidale, which doesn't have much going on. Found a lovely spot to camp in, by a dam with mountains in the background, but froze to death. I have never been so cold in my life and didn't sleep at all, if you'd given me a ticket to fly home I would've taken it! During the day we drive the 'Waterfall way' and saw 2 really nice waterfalls but couldn't really enjoy it knowing that we were going to be returning to camp in the cold.

There are so many national parks in Australia, some are absolutely beautiful and have mountains covered in trees as far as you can see. Some it feels like they've found a small patch of grass and a few trees and named it a national park.

Left Armidale today and we've driven the very pretty drive through New England to the coast!! Never been so excited to see the coast in my life, and (thank god) it's a lot warmer!! This evening we walked around Coffs Harbour and watched the sunset over the harbor. Getting into the swing of camping, we're getting pretty pro at cooking nice food for dinner and the van's comfy to sleep in and spacious without being too big to drive easily!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb