Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
November 12th 2008
Published: December 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Matt had broken his sunglasses so our first port of call was to go into Port Macquarie town to try to find him a new pair. I was so tempted to go clothes shopping but I managed to restrain myself. I did however, pick us out a five bedrooms house close to the beach with pool and massive garage for about the same value as our house while being nosey in estate agent windows!

When he’d finally picked some new sunnies we drove to some of the nearby beaches until we finally found a near deserted golden sandy bay. Perfect for kite flying.

The next couple of hours were spent with me laying on the beach reading my book in the baking sunshine, while Matt ran around the beach playing with his new toy. He seemed to enjoy it. At one point he tried to get me to take the reins but he had to keep hold of the handles too otherwise I’d have been dragged away.

When he’d had enough we packed up and hit the road. Coffs Harbour was only a couple of hours away and we found a motorpark just across the road from the beach.

An advert for a restaurant in town called SSS had caught our eye in one of the many brochures as it was supposed to offer the best bbq ribs around and I wanted to see if they were a match for Damons. It didn’t look too far on the map but it ended up taking us a good half hour to get there on foot.

Browsing the menu Matt finally settled on a 2kg beef shank - if you ate this as part of a ‘monstrous challenge’ ie with a starter and pudding too - you got a free hat and had your name added to the sign in the door way. It was lucky that Matt settled with just a main as even he was overfaced by it when he saw how massive it was. I had the ribs and chicken combo and while it was nice, it still wasn’t a patch on Damons so they still rule. For the amount of food we got (and a glass of wine each and pudding to share) £40 wasn’t a bad price for it at all though.

Back in the van we had a terrible sleep. The rain came down so heavy on our metal roof all night long and our fridge decided to start making strange loud noises.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0419s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb