Can You Tell What It Is Yet?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
April 12th 2008
Published: April 14th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We headed further up the coast in the hope of dryer climes, arriving at Coffs Harbour, famous for it's surf and banana plantations. Stopped for lip-smacking fish and chips at the Fisherman's Co-operative on the marina by the harbour, and made our way to our base a little way up the coast in Arrawarra.

The campsite kept us amused with its various wildlife roaming freely around the park - ducks, parrots, roos and a jewel of a diamond-back python who turned up unexpected in the cafe area as we're checking our email! Lich offered to do a Steve Urwin, but 2 girls from reception had bagged Sid in a pillowcase before he had the chance to do his heroics.

People have said, 'Ooh, watch for all those snakes and spiders when you go to Australia'. It's only when you get here and experience the reality of it that you take heed.

Thankfully we didn't go down the route of camping in a tent in Oz, which we'd thought about doing. I'm not sure I'd get much sleep with the thoughts of sharing my bed with Sid and some of his more toxic cousins.

The roos on the campsite aren't like the fluffy tame ones we'd seen in the zoo the other day. We were informed by an Aussie woman that the large male roo would 'scratch you to bits' with his claws; all the more of a challenge for Lich eh, but they kept hopping off whenever he got close...




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Park Beach, Coffs HarbourPark Beach, Coffs Harbour
Park Beach, Coffs Harbour

'I've got a new T-shirt'
Darlington Beach Holiday ParkDarlington Beach Holiday Park
Darlington Beach Holiday Park

'Where's our van??!'
Parrot Poop Hair ConditionerParrot Poop Hair Conditioner
Parrot Poop Hair Conditioner

... not recommended


Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.023s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb