Christmas Auzzie style!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Coffs Harbour
December 25th 2007
Published: January 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent Christmas and New Year at Lara’s sister (Natalie) and her husband’s (Shane) house in Coffs Harbour. It was my first Auzzie Christmas and so it had to include a Christmas morning swim! After a quick trip to the beach we went back to the house for a fry-up breakfast and to open our presents. Lunch was a vast selection of cooked meats, vegetables and of course…prawns! In the afternoon we played darts and judging by how I felt on Boxing Day I probably drank too much amber nectar! Very different to a cold Christmas in England!

At New Year we went out for a delicious Thai meal and then went to the local yacht club to watch a couple of bands and see in the New Year.

After a couple of days of sleeping to fully recover from New Year (now we’re getting old!), it was time to start organizing our road-trip. We didn’t need to worry about wheels as Lara’s sister and her husband had found us a car so we spent the next few days scouring charity shops and bargain stores looking for camping gear and cooking stuff for our road-trip. We got everything we need except….a map! We’ll get one before we go but we’re not making any plans about where we’ll end up except that we’re going to head north(ish) - we might go a bit inland for the 1st few days but we’ll probably decide that as we’re leaving Coffs - perhaps we’ll flip a coin!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0369s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb