The final leg of the journey....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Central Coast
August 25th 2008
Published: August 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

By this stage we were all getting fed up with Australia and decided to gently make our way down the final part of the New South Wales coast to Sydney. Most of our days were spent the same way: we would drive to a town or beach on the map, become disapointed and move on in the hope of finding somewhere better.

We visited Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour and Newcastle with various bays along the way but none of which took our fancy. We spent most of our nights in free rest areas or truck stops, enjoying our home cooking and each others company - for the most part anyways! One point to mention that we enjoyed was Trial Bay Gaol where we drove up to a Captain Cooks Lookout and viewed some fantastic scenery!

We reached Sydney late afternoon on the 27th and needless to say spend the night in a BP truck stop. We hid our little van under the shadows of all the trucks, cleared out all of our crap and enjoyed a final dinner of chili con carne, one of the best so far! (the practice was clearly paying off!). After a lot of driving (7734km to be exact), we will take our van back to base and enjoy Sydney before we fly off to New Zealand on the 31st. Although we have not enjoyed Australia as much as we thought we were going to, we will see how Sydney pans out and release our final thoughts at a later stage!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.165s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.101s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb