Lake Macquaire


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Caves Beach
April 25th 2009
Published: May 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 89 Wangi Wangi

Today we got up early to see the sunrise over the Tasman Sea. We had no idea what time sunrise would be so we set the alarm for 5.30am so we didn't miss it. It was a beautiful clear morning as the sun rose at about 6.15am and it was worth missing a couple of hours of sleep. We enjoyed a quiet breakfast in the early morning sunshine before setting off as we were heading to Lake Macquaire today.

We briefly called at Port Stephens on the way and arrived at the north end of the lake before lunchtime. Wangi Wangi Point on the west shore was where we found a site for the afternoon and evening. It was a lovely location right on the lakeside of Lake Macquaire one of the biggest lakes in New South Wales. We sat by the lake for a couple of hours and then enjoyed a walk around the small village. We kept a look out for koalas as they live in the wild around here, but as usual failed to see any.


26/4
Day 90 Caves Beach

There was more of Wangi Wangi point to see so we went for a bush walk early morning. Unfortunately it took longer than we thought and did not go near the waters edge which would have been nice and it was very windy. We did enjoy the exercise it is just that we are not too fond of walking on narrow paths in the bush where there are many insects that can make you very ill or kill you, we are now after all in funnel web country!

We decided to have a day off driving today so just drove around the lake to the other side to where the lake and the sea meet. We spent time on Caves Beach and explored the caves which it is named and are only accessible at low tide. It was very windy today and the gusts would send sand right into your face so after a few hours we had had enough and found a site for the evening.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0748s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb