Live life the Aussies way - Memorable trip to Australia


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Bourke
October 6th 2014
Published: October 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

“Life's like a road that you travel on ! There's one day here and the next day gone!! Life is a highway, I wanna ride it All night long”. On this well versed note written by Cochrane Thomas Williams, me and my sweetest companion Mansi started our much awaited journey to ride on the sixth largest country on this lonely planet called earth. The land of Kangaroos, as it is most popularly known, Australia is a sing along medley of mountains, deserts, reefs, forests, beaches and multicultural melting-pot cities. As James Cook, a British explorer, navigator, cartographer, and captain in the Royal Navy formally took possession of the east coast of Australia, then named as New Holland, on 21/22 August 1770, he rightly said "From what I have said of the natives of New Holland they may appear to some to be the most wretched people upon earth; but in reality they are far happier than we Europeans, being wholly unacquainted ... ".This is in fact true today as well as very well demonstrated by the way Aussies live their life, filled with fun and new excitement every day and probably that's the reason why it has been rated the World’s Happiest Country three times in a row by TIMES magazine.

We started our holiday preparation much in advance with the first and the most important thing, deciding the journey dates. With limited leaves in our accounts, we decided to choose the long weekend between 26-Sept-2014 to 04-Oct-2014 which included much awaited Gandhi Jayanti and Dusshera holidays in between. The next important thing was to book the flight tickets for which we had to choose Malaysian Airlines (being the cheapest option) with a heavy stone on our heart 😊

We opted for AirBnB (Bread & Breakfast) as our hospitality partner which really helped us in providing multiple options for staying in kind of self-hosted accommodations at a much cheaper price than the regular hotels with the additional advantage of providing kitchen and cooking stuff to help us prepare the food of our choice. We selected to stay with Paul and Justine in a bungalow at St. Kilda beach, one of the most happening areas in Melbourne and with Daniel and Evgeniya in Sydney in one of the best laid out apartment at Bowman Street in close vicinity to Darling Harbour.

Amidst lot of planning and day dreaming, finally the much awaited week arrived when we started preparing for our travel and needless to say, it started with Mansi’s shopping followed by packing. As always, I am very sick of packing and onus was on Mansi to pack the entire stuff for both of us. My sole responsibility was to make my old friend (my Canon Camera which I purchased 4 years ago) ready to capture our cherished moments during the journey. To my surprise, our entire stuff was packed one day in advance, leaving the penultimate night (25-Sept-14) to decide the spots we would cover during the trip.

Finally the day arrived (26-Sept-14) when we embarked on our journey to the Kangaroo land. We started from Pune early morning and reached Mumbai International Airport much (around 4 hours) before the flight time. Me being a voracious eater and a self-acclaimed food connoisseur opened up my taste buds and started craving for Indian food and ended up having Punjabi Aloo da paratha and Indian Style Pizza from Pizza hut. We purchased the Neck Pillows to give us some comfort while travelling on a long flight. We then started with checkin formalities followed by Immigration, Security and boarded the flight (MH xxx) while remembering lord Ganesha to bring us back safe (Obvious reason was we were boarding the Malaysian Airlines which was recently marred with MH 370 and MH 17 mishaps).

At last we were ready for take-off, holding each other’s hand repeating the vows to stay with each other always, customary “Love You” messages and loads of promises.

Reaching Kualalampur (Malaysia):

After 5 hours of journey, we landed safely (thank God!!) at Kualalampur International Airport at 04:30 PM local time. We had the difference of around 2 hours in the connecting flight to Melbourne. We discovered an amazing café “Old Town White Coffee” inside the airport which we later realized was among the best coffee chains of Malaysia known for serving rare white coffee in multiple flavors and sumptuous snacks. Coffee was among the best which we had ever had and the ambience itself was best suited to spend time with a beautiful girl. We realized very late that the announcement of our flight to Melbourne (MH xxx) was going on in full swing and had to really rush towards the flight departure gate. We boarded the flight to Melbourne, this time we were bit relaxed (gained some confidence on Malaysian Airlines by now). This was around 7 hour flight straight to Melbourne which just passed off in deep slumber after having Malaysian food and sparkling white wine.

Reaching Melbourne (Australia):

Finally we landed at Tullamarine International Airport, Melbourne at around 09:30 AM local time and were now 4 hours 30 minutes ahead of Indian Standard Time (IST). The moment we stepped out of the aircraft, we clapped our hands in excitement and hugged each other before we realized that people around were noticing us. After couple of initial snaps, we stepped directly into the long immigration queue while ignoring the Duty Free Alcohol shop thinking that post immigration we will find another one (the way it is in India). But to our dismay, post immigration we found that there was no duty free shop available and we lost the opportunity to buy some famous Aussie Wines. However, the best thing was we were now officially the Permanent Residents of Australia.

Day 0 (27-Sept-2014)

We took the Yellow Taxi from the Melbourne Airport straight to St. Kilda to meet our hosts Paul and Justine on their beautiful bungalow at 12, Blessington Street all surrounded by lovely beach, pubs, cafes and a Football ground. After reaching there, we realized that we don’t know the exact bungalow number and hence the only way out was to call Paul to guide us to the bungalow. We immediately went to the nearest 7/11 outlet and purchased the Lycamobile sim card to call Paul. In the meantime, Mansi grabbed the opportunity to have a coffee at corner side Iddi Biddi Café.

Under Paul’s escort (while riding his bicycle), we checked in Bungalow No. 3 and met Justine who was eagerly waiting to welcome us. They explained us about the house, our room, kitchen and other usual stuff. They were preparing for an in house get together with their friends to watch the Australian Football League (AFL) final. We enjoyed Australian Beer as our welcome drink, took a small siesta and headed straight towards the mesmerizing St. Kilda beach and took a long walk along the beach while Sun God was preparing to handover the shift to Moon God.

Our next in line plan was to take a guided tour to “The Great Ocean Road” which is amongst the world’s most scenic coastal drives with iconic surf breaks, waterfalls, sea beaches and magical 12 Apostles on its way. This is a 243 Km stretch of road along the south eastern coast of Australia which traverses rainforests, beaches and cliffs composed of limestone and sandstone. While we were searching for options to book the tour, we happened to walk into “Flight Center” where a “very interesting lady” helped us in booking the tour for the next day for AUD 130 per person which includes the famous climb to Sky Deck clubbed with most horrifying Edge Experience.

After making arrangements for the next day booking, we deliberately chose to take some rest at around 7 PM and wake up back again at 10 PM to enjoy the St. Kilda night life. We walked along the Alcon Street, heavily laden with exuberant pubs and cafes all around the street. We chose to end our Day 0 with a fine dining along sea side at Italica, enjoying variety of sumptuous Italian foods and red wine.

Day 1 (28-Sept-2014) (The Great Ocean Road)

We had a horrible start of the day, something which we could not even imagine. We had to catch our bus from XBase Backpackers at 07:10 AM sharp which was around 300 meters from our place. We planned to wake up at 06:00 AM to get ready comfortably and reach there before time. However, we ignored all alarms and suddenly Mansi wake up at 6:50 AM and blah!! We ran like a Flying Sikh to reach the bus stand by 07:10 AM. All is well that ends well!!

It was a very cold day, almost 5 degree Centigrade, and everyone was shivering with cold. We boarded the shuttle which took us to the main stand where our tour guide Mr. Brendon (a very hilarious man as described by the shuttle driver) was waiting to take us through the adventurous tour of “The Great Ocean Road” through small (24 seater) Autopian tour bus. Mr. Brendon though seemingly looking funny was a big time disciplinarian and possessed an exquisite knowledge about the place. Our tour bus had 24 people from different countries like USA, Germany, China, Netherlands, India, Russia and Brazil. We took our first halt (exact 10 minutes) at a small deck just before Torquay to have a very raw breakfast with Mr. Brendon and the entire group. Mr Brendon while throwing jokes prepared coffee for us (with no milk) and threw open a box of tasteless biscuits. Once we were all done, Mr Brendon realized that he was also carrying milk (everyone cursed him like anything). After taking some nice scenic snaps we started for an official entry into Torquoy which was the start of “The Great Ocean Road”.

As we drove along Anglesea, it was an extraordinary sight with the cliffs overlooking the beach. Further down the road near Devil’s Elbow just before Lorne is a rest stop where we basked in the knowledge that we had completed the most difficult part of the drive – a single lane road with cliffs to one side and the ocean on the other – and looking onwards into the dense treetops of one of the many National parks. And finally a stop at the famous wooden archway overhanging the road welcoming you to the Great Ocean Road, with memorials to the soldiers who fought for Australia in World War One.

As we traversed along, we stopped by at Kenett river side for an informal tete a tete with Mr. Koala, the small bear like, tree dwelling, herbivorous marsupial. They kind of look like fat coconuts hanging out on the low branches of the gum trees. We could manage to see 7 Koalas but they were so high on the trees that we could not capture very smooth photographs.

Moving the caravan ahead, we took the next halt at the Luca Restaurant restaurant for a one hour lunch break all sponsored by Autopian Tours. We had a nice vegetarian pizza laid out on our lunch table with 2 young beautiful German ladies giving us a nice company who were visiting Australia on Work and Holiday visa.

Moving ahead, amidst multiple beautiful blue southern ocean beaches along the way, we reached the much awaited 12 Apostles. The Twelve Apostles is a collection of limestone stacks off the shore of the Port Campbell National Park. Currently there are 8 apostles left but the name remains significant and spectacular. It is a true miracle of nature. The apostles were formed by erosion, the harsh and extreme weather conditions from the Southern Ocean gradually eroded the soft limestone to form caves in the cliffs, which then became arches, which in turn collapsed; leaving rock stacks up to 45 metres high. The culmination of “The Great Ocean Road” was the “London Arch”, which collapsed unexpectedly on 15 January 1990, leaving two tourists stranded on the outer part until they were rescued by a helicopter. Prior to the collapse, the arch was known as London Bridge because of its similarity to its namesake. We also took a sky tour of 12 Apostles and London Arch through an extremely exciting helicopter ride.

Post visiting the London Arch, we headed back to Melbourne while taking a stop at Luka Restaurant for a half an hour dinner where we enjoyed sumptuous Chinese noodles at Noodles Bar. We touched Melbourne back at around 8:45 PM precisely as predicted by Mr Brendon (hats off to the time management and overall tour discipline shown by him) and reached our St. Kilda bungalow at around 09:15 PM where we ended this memorable day of our trip with one of the best Aussie Wine.

Day 2 (29-Sept-2014) CBD/MCG/Casino

After the long tour (around 530 Km) the previous day, we were feeling little bit lazy the next day and woke up late around 09:00 AM after Mansi woke me up with the strong coffee aroma. We cooked a healthy breakfast, Omlette with bread, Milk and Cereals etc in Justine’s kitchen. At around 11 AM we headed straight to St. Kilda Tram stop, purchased MyKi Cards from nearby 7/11 store, charged it with AUD 10 each and took the Tram to Southern Cross Station. From there we changed the tram for Federation Square, one of the most happening places in the CBD area. We watched a bewitching magic show at the Federation Square central area. The hallmark of the magical performance was the surprise and the unpredictability of the outcome.

Post small photo session at Federation square center, we went inside the ACMI (Australia Center of Moving Images) studio which showcased the entire concept of creating a moving video from conceptualization to production. In yet another gallery, it captured the entire history of modern day television, moving videos starting from how the static cartoons were transformed in early days to create a moving video and later how sound was embedded to create the first Indian Bollywood talkie (Alam Ara). We were than selected by the slow motion picture creation team to perform in an act where a lady villain (Mansi J) shoots the protagonist (Myself) in Matrix style. This was recorded and sent back to us (Refer link: http://timeslice.acmi.net.au/timeslice/Timeslice.htm?file=ts-20140929-fed3e725d37dc31a3a1558317fd4aa7e.flv)

Post this; we headed straight to Swanston Street, which is one of the most famous streets for shopping and Indian Restaurants. This street was the perfect buffet for Mansi which whetted her appetite for shopping. Without wasting a single moment, she went inside Souvenirs shop with the intention to purchase all of them till the time I intervened to make her realize that it was her own hard earned money and diverted her mind to visit many other places on our chart.

Next in line was my dream visit to Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG). MCG is one of the oldest and largest cricket ground in the world which claims to have 95000 seating capacity. It boasts of hosting some of the best matches between India and Australia. Till date, MCG has hosted 12 matches between India and Australia, out of which India has won 7 matches out of 12 (Not too bad J) latest victory being India winning by 5 wickets in Feb 2008. After entering the MCG premises, we were told to visit Gate No. 3 for MCG tour tickets. We reached there by 03:30 PM and were told that last tour for the day ended at 03:00 PM (Our bad luck L). We managed to get a sight of the ground from far off distance and observed that the entire turf was being replaced to prepare for the upcoming Cricket World Cup 2015 which is going to be held in Australia and New Zealand this year. We just consoled ourselves by taking some pictures with some of the players’ statues, biggest one being with iconic Shane Warne.

We then decided to head straight back to the CBD area and visited the The Arcade Block market. Mansi immediately indulged herself in exploring shopping options but could not do much but to purchase some Australia made herbs. We spent some time in a well laid out café, had an excellent coffee in Aussie style and went back straight to St Kilda home to take some rest before heading for a dinner with my IBM Manager Arun who recently settled in Australia with his family.

We reached Arun’s home located on the 23rd floor of one the posh societies in the CBD area. We had a very nice Indian food prepared by her wife Shilpa. Kids were enjoying one week holiday which they get after every 2 weeks of education (lucky kids to be in Australia). They were eagerly waiting to open the remote controlled car sent by their Grand Father and once they got it they became “Schumacher brothers”. Arun told us about the nearby Casino Crown which is one amongst the best Casino’s in the world. We could not resist going to the casino post dinner.

We reached Crown Casino at around 10 PM. Crown offers a dazzling array of gaming options in a vibrant and sophisticated setting. For few moments we were in a state of shock by seeing the huge crowd of gamblers indulged in playing various games like Poker, Roulette and many more other table games. We started with glasses of beer in hand and then entered the Roulette table (easiest game of the lot) and proved the various gambling theories correct. We started the winning spree in the first 10 rounds and made around 200 AUD out of 50 AUD. Then became the victim of the greed and started losing. We suddenly lost the entire 200 AUD and could not understand what went wrong suddenly. In a bid to recover our losses, we purchased more coins, but to our dismay we came out losing 100 AUD. We consoled ourselves thinking it was a nice experience. However, could not resist having a next round of beer to forget our losses.

Day 3 (30-Sept-2014) MCG/Sky Deck/Casino/St. Kilda Beach

Finally we entered into our last day in Melbourne and were feeling very sad right from the beginning of the day. We had a heavy breakfast in the morning and went straight to MCG again as we did not want to miss the tour again. It was a wonderful start of the MCG tour. We paid AUD 30 for both of us (Thanks to the discount coupon we got from Federation square the previous day (Don’t forget to grab the Chinese version of Melbourne guide to avail this coupon). Our tour guide this time was an old man named Mr. Graham. This time we had a mix of people from Canada, USA, and Germany as our tour colleagues. Mr. Graham was very fond of Indians (looked like). We really felt as if we were representing India at MCG. Whenever he mentioned about the Indian Cricketers (especially Sachin Tendulkar), he explained us saying “Your man Sachin”.

MCG was an outstanding cricket ground. For every cricket lover, visiting MCG is like going to Mecca. Though the entire ground was getting revamped for the upcoming cricket season (World Cup 2015), it looked amazing. We were highly impressed with their planning and structured management. We got a chance to visit the Pavilion, Dressing room, Players canteen, the press conference room, indoor practice pitches and most importantly VVIP area from where top people watches the match. It was a proud moment to see the names of our legendary Indian Cricketers names (Sachin Tendulkar, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar, R Vishwanath, Anil Kumble) on the MCG achievers board.

The best sight was the photograph of Sachin Tendulkar with Sir Donald Bradman capturing the moment when Sachin was invited by to Australia by Sir Bradman on his 90th birthday on 27-Aug-1998 and presented him a cricket bat signed by him.

We then entered into the Museum and came across some of the invaluable assets like Sweater, cricket bat, batting pads and gloves of Sir Donald Bradman which he wore during this farewell tour of England, 1948. Next we got an opportunity to meet with Australian icon player Shane Warne in a life like 3D effect where he told about how cricket found him. I also got an opportunity to touch the feet of the life like statue of Sir Bradman, an indelible moment of my life.

Now it was the time to visit something of Mansi’s interest. She was very thrilled about visiting the Sky deck which is an 89 storey world’s tallest residential building. We already had the tickets we purchased with Great Ocean Road package and immediately went inside the lift which took us to the top in just 40 seconds, perhaps the fastest lift in the southern hemisphere. The most horrifying part was yet to unfold - “The Edge Experience”, a glass cube which projects 3 metres out from the building - with you in it - suspended almost 300 meters above the ground. A group of 4-5 people was taken inside with all sorts of deathly sounds and music inside. And suddenly, they opened the glass cover underneath our feet and we suddenly found ourselves suspended 300 meters above the ground with lots of screams and red faces around. The best part was a big thunderstorm started during that time with heavy rainfall which made the overall experience even scarier.

Amidst heavy rainfall and extremely cold weather, we opted to have our lunch in a very nice restaurant around the corner. As rain was not showing any signs of slowing down, we opted to take a rain bath and walked along the road with cold showers of rain falling endlessly. We suddenly saw the Crown Casino building again. We remembered our last night and thought to try our luck again and recover the losses. We went again inside, purchased AUD 50 coins, started playing roulette again and very quickly could make it AUD 100, thanks to my lady luck Mansi as this time she played all the bets. However, based on our earlier experience we controlled our greed and walked out with AUD 50 profit.

We were now preparing to spend our last evening in Melbourne at St. Kilda beach. Rain had subsided but the cold and shivering breeze were blowing in full flow. We found a restaurant nearby which offered us bonfire. We sat till late at night alongside the bonfire with French Wine and some food. The last day in Melbourne went just perfectly. It seemed to us that Melbourne was giving us a warm farewell.

We headed back to our home, packed the entire stuff, put lots of alarms to wake us up at 04:30 AM to catch our flight for Sydney at 07:00 AM and end our memorable Melbourne trip

Day 4 (01-Oct-2014) Trip to Sydney/Darling Harbour

We reached Melbourne Domestic Airport Terminal 2 by catching Mebourne’s fastest Airport Bus Service Skybus from Southern Cross Station to take our flight for Sydney Domestic Airport. It was the time to bid adieu to Melbourne!!

We reached Sydney at around 09:00 AM, took a taxi for 45, Bowman Street which was our next residence in Sydney. We were greeted there by Evgeniya who hails from Ukraine and settled in Australia for last 30 years. She was an extremely meticulous lady and directed us not to touch the walls, showed us our room, kitchen, our food shelves in refrigerator, Gymnasium and Swimming Pool. We were told strictly that we are only allowed to consume food provided by them during breakfast only as it is BnB, strictly Bed and Breakfast. Phew!!!

While she was blabbering, we went to our room to take some rest before getting ready to explore Sydney. We were staying at 5 minutes’ walk to the Harbour Bridge and approximately 20 minutes’ walk to Darling Harbour. We decided to keep it as a light day to preserve our energy for the next 2 days. We left for a smooth and pleasant walk to Darling Harbour, crossing the Harbour Bridge, after having a cup of coffee at a small café on the way. We finally reached Darling Harbour which is one of Sydney's largest dining, shopping and entertainment precincts adjacent to Sydney CBD. It has plethora of entertainment options including Madame Tussads, Sydney Sealife Sanctuary, Sydney Zoo, whale watching, hop on and hop off water taxis which takes to Opera House, Torongo zoo etc.

We visited Madame Tussads which currently has a huge collection of famous personalities representing Top Leaders, Film Stars, Cultural Personalities, TV Stars and Sport Stars etc. We then decided to spend the rest of the evening in a fine dining restaurant on the sides of Darling Harbour. It was an interesting walk back to Bowman Street. Around 11:30 PM both of us were slightly drunk after having wine at Strikers. We were walking back to Bowman Street and lost our way. With some logic applied by my “beautiful mind”, we managed to reach back home safely.

Day 5 (02-Oct-2014) Trip to Bondi Beach and Sydney Pub Crawl

We started our day on a very confused note. A lot to see and explore in Sydney but had only 2 days in hand. Few destinations we had to go for sure like Bondi Beach, Opera House, Circular Quay and CBD area.

So we decided to go to Bondi Beach first, the most obvious choice for me to enjoy the lovely sight of BnB (“Beach & Babes” in contrast to strictly “Bed & Breakfast” as told by Evgeniya). However, we did not miss the breakfast at Evgeniya’s homeJ. Mansi cooked bread omlette and boiled eggs and I helped in serving the orange juice.

We discovered the Light Rail from John Street Square Station which took us to the Central Station. From there we changed another train for Bondi Junction and reached Bondi Beach by bus. Golden sands, turquoise waters and perfect waves makes Bondi Beach an iconic Sydney attraction. It was a perfect sight with Bikini babes all around taking the sun bath, a large number of people moving around with their surf pads and getting ready for sea surfing, clear blue sea water and utter cleanliness all around, it was like spending time in heaven. Sea water was extremely cold, but under the full warmth of the sun it was very soothing. We spent 2-3 hours on the beach before going to the coastal cafes for some rounds of beer and Mexican food. Mansi could not resist having a New Zealand style frozen cocktail before getting ready for an evening walk along the coast. We had a nice romantic walk along the Bondi to Coogee coastline which rekindled our love and affection for each other.

Now it was a time to leave Bondi and go back home to rejuvenate ourselves for a pub hopping night. We went to the CBD area and joined the Sydney Pub Crawl tour. We headed to best bars in Sydney, made new friends and had an amazing night. We started at Scary Canary then headed to Scruffy Murphys then ScuBar and finished up at Side Bar. This included 5 free drinks, free finger food at Scary Canary and Pizza at ScuBar all just for AUD 20. This was a perfect end to our day 2 in Sydney

Day 6 (03-Oct-2014) Trip to Opera House, Circular Quay and Manly Beach

After spending the spendled last night with the Pub crawl group, we started our last day in Sydney with the hangover J. We woke up late, had some lime water, prepared our breakfast and headed straight for Circular Quay where one of the world’s most beautiful pieces of architecture was waiting for us. It was “The Opera House” which we all have seen during school days in our history books.

The Sydney Opera House is Australia's most recognizable building and is an icon of Australia's creative and technical achievement. It is placed right at the end of Bennelong Point, juxtaposed to the harbour and completely to scale in relation to the Harbour Bridge, the sandstone cliff face, Macquarie Street and Circular Quay. Today it stands for its unique architectural design and hosting over 1,500 performances each year attended by some 1.2 million people. At that point of time, multiple theatrical shows were scheduled the most prominent ones being “The Children of the Sun”, “The King and I”, “Cirkopolis” and “The 26-Storey Treehouse”. We were there at such a time of the day when all the shows were scheduled after 3 hours and this being our last day in Sydney, we decided not to attend these shows.

We went for a beer at Opera Bay Restaurant and enjoyed one of the best sights of Australia. We then headed for a ferry ride to take a tour to Manly Beach. There is a regular ferry ride from Wharf3 (at Circular Quay) which runs every half an hour and is a 30 minutes ride to Manly beach. On the way, we got a chance to have a splendid 360 degree view of Harbour Bridge and Opera House.

Our wait for Manly got over after reaching a coast surrounded by vibrant bars and cafes. The beach was named by Capt. Arthur Phillip for the indigenous people living there. Philip wrote that "the indigenous people's confidence and manly behaviour made me give the name of Manly Cove to this place".

Manly is one place which should not be missed. Within walking distance of Manly Beach along the ocean way is Fairy Bower and Shelley Beach. There are shops, restaurants, night clubs, and dive bars in town. Since it was Friday evening, we were lucky to witness the live rock band show on the beach by some famous local band. We then had a long walk along the Manly coast in the evening and spent time on the sea side rock, amidst noisy sea sounds. We also recorded “Jane Kyu Log Pyar Karte Hain” just the way it was enacted in famous Bollywood movie “Dil Chahta Hai” by Preity Jinta and Amir Khan.

We returned from Manly back to Circular Quay, roamed around the nearby market and went back home to prepare for our last dinner at Sydney. We went to a disc at Darling Harbour which was all crowded by young crowd enjoying their Friday evening. We danced our heart out till late (around 2 AM) just wishing that that night never ends. But as goes the old saying, the only thing which never stops is “Time” and that when you want it to stop; it flies at the fastest speed. We could not believe that our much awaited trip was ending leaving behind the vast array of memories and most cherished moments of our life.

There was something in Australia which was stopping us for sure. We felt so connected with this country that it was becoming tough for us to pack our bags for our return flight for India early morning at 07:00 AM.

We flew back from Australia with very heavy heart and a hope to come back again. Return flight was all filled with our discussions about our trip. We were back to Mumbai on 04-Oct-14 night and to Pune on 05-Oct-14 early morning where my mother was eagerly waiting to hug us and to serve us freshly cooked Parathas with hot morning tea.

Time flies over us, but leaves its shadow behind. Time moves in one direction, memory in another. We decided to keep this trip always alive in our memories through this blog so that whenever we feel reminiscent about our trip, we can relive the entire experience. We thank you for finding time to read this blog and become our virtual companions

Advertisement



14th October 2014

Oz rocks
Amazing description of your entire trip - and seems you made the best of this short one. Dont miss Gold Coast & Hamilton Islands next time when you are here. Moreover, hope to see you soon here for good :)
15th October 2014

very well written
15th October 2014

Thanks
Thanks
15th October 2014

your blog made me your co-traveler!!! so happy to hear how much you guys enjoyed! Plan a trip to this part of the world too you travel junkies :-)
15th October 2014

Thanks for your comments :)
Will love to visit your place some time

Tot: 0.173s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0605s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb