Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

MistyMistyMisty

From here, we were supposed to be able to see across the whole canyon, but as you can tell, it was very very misty!
This morning was another early start, with our trip up to the Blue Mountains starting at 8am. This was Rob's first chance to see Australia outside of the city, and we got to see some amazing landscapes. We began with a short train journey down a bit of one of the mountains, along the worlds steepest railway! (if it was faster it would have basically been a rollercoaster), but we didn't really get to see much, and it was unbelievably misty, we probably couldn't see more than about 15-20 metres infront of us, but luckily for us, most of it had cleared up by early afternoon.

The afternoon was spent visiting different points of the mountain range, where we got some pretty awesome photos, the aussies call this area the grand canyon, and its pretty obvious why, when you get a look at it, it's a complete change of scenery compared to everything else we've seen over here, and we even managed to spot a few kangaroo's and parrots, and saw some weird looking trees called scibbly gums, which looked like they had graffiti all over the trunks!

We're still yet to see any snakes, which is a bit disappointing, but according to the tour guide its unlikely we'll see any around here, because they should all be hibernating by now.....never mind.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Me, Tom and RobMe, Tom and Rob
Me, Tom and Rob

At the Blue Mountains


17th May 2006

who would know
Isn't it amazing how a tree could be so interesting...
17th May 2006

Few days behind Mary
Hi Josh and pals. Looks as though you are just a few days behind Mary and Dan then. She's just done Sydney, the boat trip, the aquarium, the steepest railway, the blue mountains etc. etc. They have now gone to Brisbane and will be back in Sydney on Friday, should you wish to text her, she does have her phone with her. She mentioned she might try and meet up?? After this coming weekend I think she is going to Melbourne for 2 nights, then back to Sydney, then home to England on 27th May. All your photos are excellent. Keep them coming. Take Care guys (all 3 of you.) Mrs. Parker.
18th May 2006

Blue Mountains
I remember visiting the Blue Mountains in 1994 when we came out to see Baz and Sal. People forget that it is possible to ski in Oz and this is the place!

Tot: 0.046s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0279s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb