Blue Mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
January 21st 2010
Published: January 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Where we stayed
From Sydney Guy, Hev, Kate, Rich and myself travelled on the train to meet with Guy's family friends who were putting us up for the next three nights. There house was massive and pefectly situated in a small town called Glenbrooke (within the Australian bush). They had a swimming pool and tennis court which we obviously made the most of. The family we were staying with were very welcoming. We stayed directly with Grant and Jas, with Jeff, Wendy, Laura and Bonnie the dog living on another floor of the house.

Hillsong
Pretty much as soon as we arrived Grant and Jas were heading off to church, reluctant at first we decided to join them. It turned out to be pretty cool, it was the original Hillsong church, I had been to one previously back home in London's west end with Tim and Ben. The atmosphere was crazy! So much enthusiasm in a giant stadium like hall.

Day 2
Back at the house, Grant and Guy challenged Rich and me to a game of footy tennis. Obviously we won! That night we watched Grant and Jas's wedding dvd and they cooked us fajitas. We had landed on our feet here! The next day G+J introduced us to chicken salt, we had it on fish and chips... amazing! We then travelled down to a river called jellybean, which had a big rock sitting in the middle of it with a deep pool next to it... it didnt take much encouragement for us all to jump off it. A few flips and some bad landings later we headed back and Wendy had cooked us all a tuna and cheese bake for dins... result! We watched 300 and that was day 2 over.

Kings table point
G+J drove us all around the next day. We started off visiting Kings table point, the views were phenomenal, you could see down into miles of green valleys which were surrounded by red cliffs. We took it in turns to dangle our legs off the cliff.

Sublime point
Sublime point was the next scenic stop off. This was further along the valley and the walkway allowed you to walk parallel to the cliffs and experience more of the view. You could see the biggest tourist attraction within the blue mountains, 'the three sisters' in the distance. This was our next stop.

The three sisters
These were three secluded rocks that were formed when parts of the original cliff heading out to sea collapsed through wind and sea erosion. Ryan and Kate joked that each rock had a name, Margaret and Barbara were the two oldest/tallest structures, being gullable most of us including myself believed them.

Narrow Neck
Our last stop off for the day was Narrow neck, we had a picnic here with everyone. This was the far end of the valley and in my opinion these were the best views of our extremely scenic day. We played tennis and invented a few under water games (with the assistance of a bucket of air).

Our last full day here was spent trying Lamington sponge cakes, these were delicious chocolate sponge with a coconut coating and a jam and cream filling... best cake ever! Then we drove beyond the Jelly bean river and nto a national park where we spotted our first kangeroos. We followed skippy around for a bit until the mother began hugging her daughter, not wanting to disturb their special moment we left them to it and headed back to the house. The next day concluded our time in the blue mountains, we bought G+J a few gifts to say thank you for putting us up and showing us around. It was then timje to fly to Melbourne for the great ocean road.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 17; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0838s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb