blue mountain, an opera house and a really big pitcher of vodka something or other....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
January 24th 2008
Published: January 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ola mio compadres...

i know they dont speak spanish in australia but i need to sound exotic these days since i am totally exotic as i go gallavanting around the world...
SO....my past few days in sydney have been fabulous...yesterday i went on this exciting walking tour of sydney....saw the major sites (darling harbour, the opera house, the botanical gardens, that bridge thingy, hyde park) very awesome....had a good time...met some good british people again! for a small country i swear to god everyone between the ages of 19-29 must be abroad! anyways then last night i got to party like a rockstar in downtown sydney....we started at the hostel bar (no i'm not staying at a hostel i'm still with steve but i'm mooching off of all of their services!...the walking tour around sydney was from that hostel)...anyways...ok so happy hour was awesome super cheap drinks (and i'm gonna have to hurry and finish this so i can get more super cheap drinks again tonight...) i met this guy from nyc and some more british people and we all hung out then we went down to king's cross (what ig uess you would call the club district) and we went to this bar called the wall...everyone was dressed up so nicely and reserved....exxcept for us....so it only took about a half an hour before we were dancing on the couches/tables and pretty much got the bar going...because thats how you party like a rockstar (for anyone reading this over the age of 25 party like a rockstar is a cool song right now on the radio! ahhaha) anyway today i went to the blue mountains....they were beautiful! i promise promise promise i will get pics up ASAP but i've just been having probs with the downloading of them i have a few pics up on facebook if you wanna check out fiji but nothing from tribewanted or after...

so we hiked around the blue mountains (no one told me there would be hiking...i came equiiped in a sun dress and flip flops) then i got left behind by the group at the gift shop so i ahd to frantically run around and find them...then after a few hours of hiking ish...i use the word hiking loosely because it was a tad heftier than a stroll....we took this crazy "Railway" up the mountains..its the world's steepest railway apparently.... man people can claim pretty much anything is the world's greatest or biggest or bestest whatever it is under very little pretense..but i'm sure it actually is the steepest....very scary! anyways....i best be off....as i must make happy hour to keep within the budget! hahaha...

Lots of love

gen
xoxoxoxo

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0394s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb