Blue Mountains and Wildlife


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
October 17th 2005
Published: October 24th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Trip to the Blue Mountains


A vast national heritage site about 90 mins drive from Sydney.

Within the parkland is a wildlife refuge for indigenous animals.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Three Sisters (Blue Mountains)Three Sisters (Blue Mountains)
Three Sisters (Blue Mountains)

Legends tells of a father with a magic bone who would turn his daughters into stone in case of danger. Once, to save his daughters from a monster, he turned them into stone and turned himself into a bird. His daughters are here waiting for their father to come back so they can be brought back to normal. In the meantime, they have to put up with all these tourists who wish to take their pictures!
Legend of the 3 SistersLegend of the 3 Sisters
Legend of the 3 Sisters

The sisters in more conventional times, before they got tunrned to stone. Even so, they don't look too lively here do they. (See next photo too)
Father, with the boneFather, with the bone
Father, with the bone

The legend of the 3 Sisters. There was a father with a magic bone who would turn his daughters into stone in case of danger.


19th October 2005

Pictures
The Pics are lovely, looks as if you are having a BONZA time!!!!!!!! No luk at bingo last night onl sared a win on the boards again!!!!!!!
21st October 2005

gudday blue
21 October Wonderful trip, glad you got to the Blue Mountains.
23rd October 2005

gotcha at last
hi ya, looks fabulous down under, hope you are having a lovely time.

Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0744s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb