Blue Mountains Tour


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
June 18th 2007
Published: June 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hey everyone, today was a tough start, up at 6am! we had our bfast (toast n vegemite!) and then went to another local YHA hostel to meet the Activity Tour Bus to go on our day out. We booked the tour by looking online and chose the cheapest so were worried we the coach wouldnt turn up or be a rickekty truck, but all was fine. had a lovely tour guide called brent. first stop was featherdale wildlife park which was my highlight of the whole holiday so far, got to feed kangaroos, pet a koala, hold a weird lizzard and see loads of other really amazing animals. only got an hour there which wasn't enough. got some great pics but can't upload them as i left the damn wire in england! oh well, overload once we're back! have the wire for my little camera so will try taking a few snaps on that from now on.
After the wildlife park we went to the blue mountains, which really do look blue, something to do with the vapour from the eycluptus leaves! we went to a place called scenic world where we went on the steppest train in the world, which i must say i didn't enjoy! hating all rides it was like being on a rollercoaster in slow motion, james decided to record my reaction on film!!!
We saw the main sights, just about, although there was a lot of cloud and rain but apparently the clearest and driest day in weeks, so we were lucky.
We then went to the Olympic Stadum where the olympics were held in 2000. Its now a little surburb with solar powered houses and everyone reuses the water and walk/cycles everywhere. was lovely!
We then went to catch the ferry back to mainland sydney which, if there was no cloud, would have been lovely, but it was just too grey and wet.
Once we arrived we were going to see one of the films from the sydney film festival but nothing that caught our attention was on, so we decided to walk back to our hostel, which takes 45 mins. Unfortunately the heavens decided to open up, the rain was unlike anything i've been been in, we got completely drenched through, even to our underwear! Going to have to use the dryers tonight as we have to pack up all our stuff as we leave tomorrow morning!
Once we got in and dried we went to the Side Bar which is like the Student Union of our hostel, we both got bowls of pasta for $6 (approx 3 pounds!) and a beer for $2.50!
Now we're online for a bit, then going to dry out clothes and go to bed! We are leaving tomorrow at 10ish, our flight to melbourne is at 12.30, get there around 2. Not sure what is happening once we arrive! Patricyia, who we met on Trek America and are going to stay with, is at work when we arrive, however her dad might meet us or we're just gonna get train.
So hopefully free internet to post more blogs! Might even find a way to upload some of the better pics.
For now, g'day and g'night! H&J xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb