Blue mountains


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Blue Mountains
December 24th 2006
Published: January 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sat 23rd Dec
Got the ferry back across to Sydney and then got a taxi to the car hire place. We got given a brand new Subaru Forester. Mum - you would have loved all the compartments!! Then we drove an hour and a half to the Blue Mountains. We arrived to a warm welcome from Ann who had kindly stocked the fridge with eggs, sausages, bacon, milk, yogurt and more. Paul managed to impressively finish all the sausages and most of the bacon single handily over the next few days. We were staying in one of 2 houses on Ann and Jims land built the other one was empty. It was down a very long drive- very secluded (bar there dog Bundy who slept under our house and got lots of attention from Paul)
We ate the food Ann provided for lunch and then drove back to the shops to get food and videos. Paul cooked dinner for me and we watched one of the films- very wierd.

Sunday 24th Dec
The blue mountains has a scenic loop drive that we drove around today. First stop was to see Penny and John, Val Ranger’s sister. The have a lovely house hidden in the hill side. Then we stopped at Puzzle World which was small and homely compared to the giant one in NZ. We stopped for a really tasty lunch at a nice village café, unfortunately it was raining so we didn’t do a walk. Instead we went to Scenic world and went on the steepest railway track (it was almost vertical) and then we went on a couple of gondola’s one that had a glass bottom. We saw the 3 sisters and a big waterfall that is normally only a trickle.
We went to a couple more look outs on the way home, bit like a mini grand canyon. It was quite late when we got back- had jacket potatoes and then a slightly pissed Ann came and invited us for Christmas drinks tomorrow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The WaterfallThe Waterfall
The Waterfall

that is normaly running at a trickle


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb