A walk in Tidbinbilla


Advertisement
Published: October 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tidbinbilla is a wilderness park area around 40mins drive from central Canberra and home to some walking tracks, many kangaroos and (allegedly) 'Lucky' the koala - the only koala from this park thought to have survived the 2003 bushfires which badly damaged the bushlands around Canberra. We certainly saw lots of kangaroos and some quite exotic birds - but Lucky didn't put in an appearance. Also look out for the photo of the new car - after driving first a Vauxhall Astra and then a Ford Fiesta around London for the past few years this Honda CRV is huge - and Sandra keeps forgetting that it neither corners nor parks like the Fiesta!! But we had been warned about the many dirt roads and tracks in Australia's national parks and the (sometimes) inadvisability of taking a lower car down such tracks - and all the places we might not easily get to as a result. And anyway, when else are we going to get to drive around in a 'Chelsea tractor' without being the objects of ridicule?? And for all the Australian obsession with complaining about petrol prices at the moment, it still doesn't cost as much to fill this tank as it did the Fiesta in London. Perhaps they shouldn't focus so much on petrol prices and instead worry more about the COMPLETE ABSENCE OF BANANAS...


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 15; qc: 67; dbt: 0.0556s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb