Escape to the country!


Advertisement
Published: September 9th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone

A couple of days have passed and we have now left London picking up our hire car and are on our way through the countryside on our journey.

London was fantastic but so hectic it was good to get going when we did as we were both feeling exhausted!

Our first stop is near Bath at a lovely B&B called Priory Cottage, just beautiful and we are being very well look after by the owners. On the way here we stopped at Stonehenge, just one of those places that you just have to see in your life even though at first look it's just some big stones on the side of the highway! It was worth seeing though.

Our first night here we went to a country pub down in the village for dinner, very nice but it Wa an early night for us both, must have been the country air.

Today we did a drive out to Glastonbury, walked up to a 'Tor' on the top of a hill and saw some stunning scenery, everything is do green and the sheep so fat!

We then drove on to a place called Cheddar Gorge, stopped for some fish and chips and a look around then back to where we are staying for a change before heading out again for dinner at Bradford upon Avon, no rest for the wicked for us!

Another day down, back later

Lots of love

Ged & Michelle


Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb