Preparing for The Trip


Advertisement
Published: December 31st 2010
Edit Blog Post

We're deep into preparation for the next big trip. As we work through the details of getting everything together for our Southeast Asia excursion we're appreciating the value of having an excellent travel agent assisting us (Deb @ Odyessy Travel in Ormond Beach, FL). Not only is she handling all the reservation details of a land-sea effort but is finding us values that will make our trip more enjoyable while saving money. With the advantage of emails and phones we've worked through the necessary visas (Australia and China) and confirmation of other details. It's interesting to note that China and Brazil seem to be the only countries we've visited recently that charge hefty fees, much like the US does to our foreign visitors.
Our original plans called for cruising around New Zealand and Australia and adding land visits on both ends of the cruise. While completing these plans we became aware of the Regent Seven Seas Voyager’s schedule which continued on around Australia, on its round-the-world itinerary, and on to Bali, Manila, Taiwan, Seoul, and Beijing. This seemed too good to pass up and so we added the second leg, swapping the Australia land portion for land excursions from the ship. Now it's a 45 day cruise but not as long as last year's 60 dayer. What it does give us is an opportunity to see a part of the world we've not yet seen but have desired to.
In the meantime we're staying busy teaching AARP Safe Driving Courses, Learning about the history of Tampa through USF Oshner Lifelong Learning Institute courses, supporting Rotary Club events and playing in 3 concert bands. It'll be fun taking a break from this activity to decide which ship's restaurant we're going to visit each night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.155s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0616s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb