Canberra - Day 5


Advertisement
Published: July 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Canberra Day 5

Some skippers still woke up very early even we all could have slept in!

Since TK asked the girls to wake up Jeremy but not to go into his room, they decided to perform their special hand clapping on the outside wall of Jeremy's room. It was quite loud and made one not so happy 16 year old.

We visited Questacon this morning and all enjoyed a variety of special scientific experiences. The best part was when Jeremy and Ellie were on the 360 swing and both successfully made the 360 degree rotation on the swing.



After the Questacon visit, we walked across the park and Aboriginal Embassy land to the old Parliament House. First lunch then a quick tour. We all enjoyed visiting a special room called - Prime Ministers' room (?) where you can learn about Australia's Prime Ministers. There even was a very small sign explaining the second display for Kevin Rudd would be coming soon.

At 2:30 we drove off to Amaroo to practise Raiders' routine with Jazzy Jumpers. It was way too cold and windy to continue skipping. The practice was short and sweet.

We then went back to our accommodation and started watching Madagascar 3 but we didn't really finish it as the girls decided to go to the Belconnen Hoyts to see Monsters University. It was a fun movie. After a quick stop at the noodle bar in Gungarlin, we drove home. Thank goodness for the Tom Tom. All so tired, the girls went to bed soon after we arrived back home.

Victor and Gabi went to Victor's dad's 75th birthday party tonight and Jeremy went to his grandparents' tonight. Victor and Gabi joined us again after the movie but Jeremy is staying at his grandparents' tonight.



7:30am up tomorrow and meeting Jeremy at 10am at Cockington Green. Raiders' pre-game performance will be at about 12:30 and halftime show at 2:30 (? or 3).



See you tomorrow!!!





-------------

I will try to upload more photos tomorrow after we arrive back to Northbridge. TK


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb