Off to Darwin


Advertisement
Published: June 13th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Well I am nearly caught up with our blogging. Before leaving Alice we decided to have a quick look at the East MacDonnell ranges and see some Rock Art. I guess by now you are all getting tired of rock pictures but they are so colourful and all just that little bit different. After this our next stop was the Devils Marbles with a plan to stay overnight, but as we got there around midday we had plenty of time for lunch, a good look around and plenty of pictures so we decided to keep on driving. We had decided that we wouldn't spend much time doing the touristy thing (Johns words) from here on as we would be coming back on this road on the way back down and turning off for Qld at Tennant Creek. So after two nights in free roadside camps we arrived in Darwin tired and grubby. It was great to see Dennis and Ed and we spent a bit of time looking around the town with Dennis. After towing the boat so far we were keen to get it in the water so headed off on Monday morning for some fishing. I don't like to brag (much) but after ten minutes in the water I landed that beautiful Spanish Mackeral and was completely blown away. It was certainly a test of John's filleting skills but he managed very well and we ended up with four meals from it. Next post will be some pics from Gove so until then, take care all.


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb