Finallly on the road!


Advertisement
Published: February 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Can you believe that we have finally left home! Actually left on Monday 30th and travelled to Canberra. Had spent the weekend with the family. Had a bbq on the front lawn at Kate and Bretts. Cooked sausages and corn for everyone - our excuse is that we don't have the room to cook much else. Hope to include on or two pictures of the "trailer trash" partying on the lawn. The neighbours must have been worried that we were staying indefinately. Monday saw us anxious but excited and I didn't shed a tear until we were driving off. More out of shock than anything I think. Brett and John checked everything twice - got lots of hugs from Kate, Jack and Hannah and then took off. Have really enjoyed Canberra. We come here a lot to see my brother and tend to just eat and drink and not see the sights. Went to the Nat Library and Nat Museum yesterday. Ate and drank with Pete and Kay and family last night - very slow start this morning let me tell you and then visited Mac and Sue today. Tomorrow off to the War Museum which will take most of the day.

So far have loved the caravan. We will be throwing a lot of things out over the next few weeks - all those necessities aren't really!!!! The bed is outstandingly comfortable and the car fridge keeps the drinks wonderfully cool.

So there you have it, our first few days. Hopefully it will get more interesting as we go - promise not to bore you all to tears. We have had some beautiful emails from people and they are very much appreciated. Am now going to try and add some piccies. We will see!!!!

Hey I did it. Will have to pick some brains about digital cameras and downloading on to the computer. This took about 40 minutes but then I guess we have the time.

Love to all and look forward to hearing from you.

Jo & John


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



2nd February 2006

And they're off!!!!
Hope this works!.Just wanted to say tata and may St.Christopher be with you...
28th February 2006

Green=eyed
Three years to retirement and I might catch up with you somewhere. Travel safe and happy. I went looking at c/vans and settled on a Jayco Heritage with a Landcruiser to pull it.

Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 16; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0609s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb