Lightning Ridge


Advertisement
Published: July 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Left Canberra and spent whole day driving to Lightning Ridge and stayed there for two nights. Did a tour, place is a bit of a mess but interesting none the less. Had a fossick but didn't find any Opal of value. Shell, didn't see Ian up here, we assume he still has a mine up here.
From Lightning Ridge we headed to Roma. Roads are very flat and hardly any traffic.
One night in Roma which was the first Gas discovery in Australia and is still pumping.
Then off to Carnarvon Gorge and spent a couple of nights here. Magnificent place, plenty of walking and lots of photos (although our photos don't do it justice)
Off to the Gemfields at Emerald to find a sapphire for Michelle. Lots of hard work with no return after a couple of days ( sorry Michelle). Found some small stuff that we then proceeded to lose but nothing of any significance.
Charters Towers was our next overnight stop before heading off to Undara National Park. Lava tubes were amazing.
Now at Kuranda and will post photos from skyrail on our next blog.
Hope averyone is well and will blog again soon.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0564s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb