Canberra...dahhhhling!


Advertisement
Published: March 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Wow Canberra is strange! Its incredibley pretty- nice lakes and hills etc but also incredibley yuppie!If you live in canberrra, it seems you have to wear a suit and work for the government...and regularly go to parliament house!
Needless to say, there's not much going on apart from people being posh in suits but its nice! THe weather is scorchio which makes a nice change from dull sydney!
Spent yesterday morning wandering round the australian national botanic gardens (everything is 'national' here because its the capital). its not the capital in a london type way thoug- that would be sydney! Anyway yes, nice gardens, lots of lovely trees and a smelly eucalypt lawn...my fave!
IN the afternoon i got picked up by a girl who i met at take that! She basically was my tour guide for the afternoon and showed me all there is to see in canberra...it didn't take long! im not really interested in parliament and government stuff...but if you are...canberra is great!!! they have loads of museum type things to see too but i just can't be bothered! oops!

i planned today to go to a old little quaint villiage...it sounds lovely....so i arrived at said busstop to find there are no buses between 8am and 3pm...no worries i thought in aussie style! went back to the hostel, did washing and boring things like that...came back to the bus stop at 3pm...got on the bus...and said to the very friendly bus driver..."can u tell me when to get off please?" he replied..."well mate...why dnt u have a sleep, and THEN I'll tell u when we're get there!" it takes 45 minutes by bus...15 by car apparently. BLAH! Its so hard to get around here!
I DIDNT go by the w9ay...im going to the cirque de solil tonight so didn't want to be stuck miles away with no way back! sigh.

so my next quest was to find internet....for a capital city, this place has nothing! the internet places i have seen (just 2) have been $7 an hour...which is ludicrous considering i've paid from $1-$4 so far!! so im on one of those awful booths in the middle of a mall...the keys are too close together and the mouse is worse than a laptops! grrr!

All in all though, canberra is a pretty city but strangely dead. even the prime minister won't live here! (he lives in sydney) now what does that say about it?! i like it, but couldn't live here and wouldnt really stay here much longer than 3 days!

next stop: melbourne, the last of my travelling as a lone englsh girl! time has flooooooooown.

BYE BYE...See u sooner than u think!
LOve to one and all.
Laura down under: destination: yuppieland.
x

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.039s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb