Canberra


Advertisement
Published: March 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Jen: We arrived in Sydney airport and took the bus to Canberra. There we spent 3 days with my aunty, uncle and cousins. The first day we arrived was a scorcher and hibernating inside next to the air-con was the only thing to do. We took Brick on a tour of Canberra showing him the wonders of the city, including Parliament house, Black Mountain, Lake, War Memorial etc. Brick and I did a tour of parliament house, which was really interesting. Watched Tim play b'ball in a very close game. Did a walk around the lake with wee Zorro.

We headed to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve on our last day and it was a shock for me to see the difference from when I was there in 2001. In 2003 huge fires took out the majority of Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve killing all but 1 koala and 50% of the kangaroos. It was devastating to see all the burnt bushland and to see the bush only now regenerating. There were far less animals to see there, but they are trying very hard to the reserve back to it's former self.

We had a relaxing time in Canberra and it was nice to have home comforts before heading to backpacker accommodation, and of course it was great to see my family.

Next day was a 4am bus to Sydney and off we flew to Bangkok.....

Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0303s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb