26th May 2013


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Wapiti
May 30th 2013
Published: May 30th 2013
Edit Blog Post

We're staying here 2 nights as its such a lovely spot, so the plan today is to do the 'Bear tooth Pass'. Back tracked to Cody, filled up with gas and set off for the pass. Crossed into the state of Montana and picked up the pass which is a well known mecca for motorcyclists and one of the most breath taking roads in the region. Its a road made up of hairpin bends climbing up, and down, a 10,600' mountain. I'm sure, in the summer its lovely, however the road had only opened that morning as they had only just managed to clear the snow. For anyone interested, try checking out you tube on 'clearing the Beartooth highway April 26th'. The machinery used to clear the snow had left 10 foot walls of snow either side of the road and by the time we reached the top, we were mingling with skiers and snow mobiles, my hands were frozen and it started snowing again, so after a couple of hasty photographs we came back down. But no doubt about it, it is a stunning road. On the way back, and back into Wyoming again, we picked up the Chief Joseph scenic highway, a road that we both enjoyed immensely, that was every bit as enjoyable to ride, and just as breath taking albeit in a different way, but not up a mountain and a whole lot warmer. All in all a 240 odd mile round trip, and back to our secluded campsite.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.203s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1573s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb