White water rafting trip!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Sheridan
July 25th 2011
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Drove from the West entrance of Yellowstone through Mammoth Hot Springs (huge elk just roaming around the center of town) and out the North Entrance. Another harrowing drive through the narrow roads with no shoulders. We got in to the cool town of Sheridan and went to Flying Pig Rafting (great people). Our guide, Colin from Indiana, took us on an 8 mile trip down the Yellowstone River. He said the water was real high but not too high - just right. The Hooligans had their own raft and were able to goof around, go swimming, try to balance on the front of the raft. The kids all took a turn "bull riding" - sitting on the bow of the raft as we went through some rapids! It was a blast!! Drove back in to the parkl and checked out the hot springs. Went on to our camp site at Canyon Village. Saw a black bear just off the side of the road.

We haven't had a single cloudy day since the trip started, but they are calling for hunderstorms tonight. Before Yellowstone it was very hot. But now in the park, we are at 6,500 to 8,500 feet up and it get's cold at night - 49! We had to pick up extra blankets at Wally's World in Cody!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0853s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb