Cindy: Merry Christmas!!!!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wyoming » Sheridan
December 26th 2007
Published: December 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, now we are in Sheridan, Wyoming! It was a long day...we crossed into another time zone. We are now in Mountain Time. We still can't get my glove box open. Heidi drove a lot today. It was pretty sunny most of the day, but the roads were not good. It had snowed overnight, and the roads were still icy and snow covered in a lot of places. I don't drive very well in the snow, I tend to freak out a little bit. But we still made it quite far. We drove 450 miles, which was really good, given the road conditions. Heidi's plan was to make it to Billings, Montana, but that was another 100 miles. So...we'll see Billings tomorrow, and wave as we drive past it.

We had a really tasty Christmas dinner at a truck stop restaurant called The Country Kitchen. They had a Christmas buffet, including prime rib, turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, stuffing, and dessert. We didn't eat the green beans or the sweet potatoes! The waitresses were really cute, they had Christmas decorations in their hair and on their clothes. Kind of festive. So, it was a nice Christmas dinner, not the same as at home, but...

Tonight, we are staying at a Days Inn in Sheridan. We will not be going swimming or hot tubbing tonight. The hot tub is really nasty, with a ring of scank on the liner above the water level. The pool didn't look all that much better. But we have plenty of things to do to keep ourselves busy.

So, hopefully, the road conditions will be a little better tomorrow, so we can make some good time.

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!! Hope you had a good day...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0779s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb