Chocolate, Cheese and Trucks in Trees


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Monroe
October 5th 2012
Published: November 5th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Remember when I mentioned the little Swiss Miss lady in the field? (last blog - October 31). Well! the reason that wasn't odd (apparently) is because we were in Swiss Colony territory.

AND, as you know, the Swiss are famous for (in amongst other important things like...the Alps...and... being a neutral country) CHEESE AND CHOCOLATE!!! Mmmmm yep!!

"Kid in a Candy Shop" on the Food Network, in his episode "Bake, Batter, and Roll" encouraged a trip to the Swiss Colony Market in Monroe, WI. Not that we needed alot of convincing - Cheese & Chocolate! And, how perfect was it, then, that we were driving right passed!
http://goo.gl/maps/rwyGR

The adult boys weren't that excited about it (we didn't even tell the children), but had to stop anyway to ... I forget what... refuel, I think... and right there, from the gas station, Shannan and I spotted the Swiss Colony Market and went "window shopping". http://www.swisscolony.com/

Yes, we were just like kids in a candy shop. I wished I had’ve made a list of everything we got, but I remember we did get a variety of cheeses, a variety of meats (like pepperoni type), honey (I’ve been saving the honey), some special mustard… and, of course, chocolates!!

OH! and petit fours! Mmmmmm Petit Fours! Shannan bought a bag (which she shared-thank you, Shannan! If any of you have ever had them, you'll understand what a wonderful thing that was - such a great friend!) and they were so delicious, I can still taste them....you can order on-line...maybe I'll have to do that. (We also bought some smaller beautiful little gift boxes of Petit Fours, to give out when we got home-and most of them even made it...)

Eventually, we noticed that the boys were all parked outside in the parking lot, waiting "patiently", so we finalized our shopping choices, took one last look around the store, just to make sure, and (unwillingly) left the store.

Back on the road, about 45 miles east of Monroe, on Hwy 81, is a Truck in a Tree, near Clinton WI. (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/9349). Yes. A Truck in a Tree.

Alice in Wonderland said it best when she said: "Curiouser and curiouser!"

Very interesting. A must-see "roadside attraction" that needs to be on "the biggest ball of string" road trip. The owner of the truck and tree has a site, so you can read about his inspiration! http://truckinthetree.com/


Wednesday, we're visiting Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0673s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb