Our trip ends, yet the journey continues...


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Wisconsin » Kimberly
August 4th 2013
Published: August 5th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our Thrivent Builds with Habitat for Humanity in Joplin, MO has come to an end and it has been an incredible experience. We all agree that what we hoped to build this week has been accomplished, plus more. Relationships, memories, volunteerism, knowledge, simplicity, community, home and hope were all built with the loving hands of the team, the habitat staff, partner families and other volunteers. Joplin is being transformed with each new home and business that is being rebuilt. While our stay was brief, we are forever a part of the rebuilding efforts and Joplin, and its people, will hold a special place in our hearts.

A special thank you to Scott, Madison, Matt and Ryan from the Joplin Habitat for Humanity affiliate for providing us with this unique and memorable experience. Their tireless efforts to support the rebuilding efforts was evident in every interaction. There is a great deal of work left to do and these good people of Joplin won't stop until it's been completed.

To our family and friends who supported us on this journey, thank you!! It's not easy being away from home, and knowing your thoughts and prayers were with us gave us strength throughout the week. This may be the end of our builds trip, but the journey to help those in need of affordable homes will continue and we'll be there to lend a helping hand!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0528s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb