Paradisos del Sol Winery: WWOOFing as a Cellar Rat


Advertisement
North America » United States » Washington » Zillah
October 4th 2014
Published: October 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

It seems only fitting that I start this blog with a glass of Paradisos Sève in my hand. A smooth, crisp, white wine that flowers over the tastebuds of this usually red wine drinker’s tongue. WWOOFing or World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms Today marks a week of my working on the Paradisos del Sol Vineyard as a WWOOFer in Zillah, Washington. WWOOFing is a work exchange program that provide... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Aerial Dance Aerial Dance
Aerial Dance

In the Apple tree
Tasting at JBellTasting at JBell
Tasting at JBell

Jhene, Seth and I
Wine Tasting at SteppeWine Tasting at Steppe
Wine Tasting at Steppe

Me, Clayton, and Jhene



5th October 2014

Rebekah, your life is a long trail of wondrous, outlandish adventures all piled on one another. Most of us who count you as a friend are envious, but too cautious to throw ourselves into life as richly as you do. Keep it up all your days.
5th October 2014

Amazing!
This looks awesome. I really want to do something like this someday (soon). Maybe when you are back from New Zealand. Love you and hope you are having fun.
6th October 2014

Wine Life
Bekah dearest You write the best travel blogs; by far the very best as if I was there stomping too. Safe fun travels ? B
10th October 2014

Roomie! I would like a postcard, please! ...And I'd also like to recap some of my favorite moments of your visit here in our little slice of wine country. It was a absolute pleasure to meet you and a privilege to spend some time with you. I'll leave the memories here for posterity or whomever, and hope that occasionally you'll stumble back across them and laugh. Here they are, in no particular order (just kidding, they're in chronological order because I'm not a savage): Me: "I'm originally from Ohio--" You: "The back roads?" Me: "..." When we inadvertently held hands at Steppe Cellars because I was doing something weird and awkward with my hand. When you played the piano, sang, and eventually performed an a cappella selection from Phantom of the Opera at Bill and Summer's house. It was all beautiful, by the way, and I apologize for talking during that one song. When you and Jhene did acro yoga in the yard at Paradisos and graciously allowed me the chance to embarrass myself by giving it a try. When you put on an aerial silks performance that same day, despite a sore shoulder. That one actually may not be a fond memory for you, now that I think about it... When we went to see the turtles at Windy Point -- the turtles that were supposedly behind some foreboding 12-foot wall. A strangely overrated wall... Thanks for coming to Zillah! Thanks for being awesome (with great taste in music)! Safe travels down the road, and I hope our paths cross again sometime!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb