Leaving Home (Nov.9)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Washington » Olympia
November 9th 2011
Published: November 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On our way againOn our way againOn our way again

Excited to see new, and old, places again. We invite you to join us on our travels.
As most of you remember, last year when we did our first snowbirding adventure (Snowbirding 101), it was done quite differently than what you see this year. We travelled for our 15 weeks with a 27 1/2 foot trailer behind our pickup. Susie didn't care for trailer living for such a long time, and I didn't like being responsible for a combined length of 47+ feet wherever we went. So this year we are travelling "liteweight" and staying in motels while on the road, and apartments and condos when settled in for a period of time. The savings in gas costs should make up for the higher "rent" costs......at least that's the plan.

This year our plan is to take about 3 1/2 weeks to wind our way down to the southern tip of Texas. We plan on staying there, and on South Padre Island and Corpus Christi for the months of Dec, Jan, and Feb. Besides the sightseeing that always takes place, we plan on a restful time with warm sand, wintering birds to watch, photos to take, and books to read. And of course, what would we call this adventure, but........Snowbirding 102.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb